Saturday, September 24, 2011

A picture is worth a thousand words...

As soon as we got back from our first incredible kayak voyage, we began planning a three-day excursion for Labour Day Weekend.

Shortly after that, I started trying to find a way to bring my camera.

Half of my joy in writing a blog from the North came from the fact that I had amazing photos to share. I felt that whatever was lacking in my words was supplemented by having images to go with them.  If only I could capture the feeling of kayaking... A picture really _is_ worth a thousand words, and even though a picture can't feel and smell and taste the same as being there, you can't deny the fact that it helps.

Once I realized that a waterproof case for my camera was going to cost me as much as (or more than!) a new camera, I decided to "bite the bullet" and buy a good quality waterproof camera. After some research I settled on the Pentax Optio. It's compact, virtually indestructible and was supposed to take really good quality pictures.

I bought my new little friend a life preserver.

Don't laugh- they really _do_ make PFDs for cameras... Ì didn't want to spend all this money on a camera only to lose it overboard! I also bought a flexible super mini grip tripod so that I could attach it to the front of my kayak (in case my hands were too occupied to hold the camera).

On our three day excursion I planned to put it though its paces...

No comments:

Post a Comment